- 1 pound fresh green beans - trimmed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium-sized onion - minced
- 3/4 teaspoon Wallop! Everything!
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Add salt to a sauce pan filled with water and bring to a boil; Cook green beans in boiling, salted water for one minute.
- Drain and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain well and blot dry with paper towels.
- Melt butter over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Saute onion for 2-4 minutes until soft and lightly browned.
- Add green beans to skillet, season with Wallop! Everything! and saute for 3-5 minutes until blistered.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, soy sauce and crushed red pepper.
- Remove beans from heat.
- Add soy sauce mixture and stir to coat.